Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Dear John and Stacey, 
     I'm writing this letter to you guys, my lovely parents to inform you of the many things that you guys do that really gets on my nerves. Many times during the day I hear my named being called repeatedly "Kate! Katie! Kaitlin!" Everyone knows I don't respond to the name Kaitlin, so I don’t know what makes you guys think I would respond to it when you say it. When I'm in my room I don't like to be talked to or frankly wanted by anyone else. My door is shut for a reason. I like to be secluded from the outside world and hearing my name being called out of your mouth with an angry tone is not going to make me any happier. In all honesty I don’t even want to listen. Why can’t you walk up to my room and ask me? Why do you have to yell from the opposite side of the house? I just don’t get it.
     "Come take the dog out!" I'm more then positive that when we got our dog 6 months ago I stated I wanted nothing to do with him, so I'm confused as to why I'm being yelled at to take him out. Don't get me wrong I love the dog and he's very cute, but I'm not really an outdoors type of person. Going outside in the negative degree weather just so the dog can pee isn't really my cup of tea. 
     "Clean your room!" I'm also a very neat person. Living in dirt is not my thing, but when I suddenly have a singular sock on the floor all hell breaks loose and I’m yelled at. So in response to this I casually pick up the sock and put it into the laundry basket, but clearly that's not good enough and I'm forced to clean my entire room and the upstairs. P.S pretty positive I’m the only child forced to clean the upstairs. I have not witnessed any other child actually vacuum in my life. I really don't understand this because it’s not like I completely messed up my whole entire room or the upstairs by having a sock on the ground. It was a sock, just a sock. 
     "Set the table!" I understand this, but I’m not the only child that lives in this house. This confuses me because how come no one else is told to set the table? Are you trying to tell me that I’m the least favorite child, or something?  I’m more than positive I am the only to ever set the table. No one else, no one, just me. Once again the only child that actually does something!
      The worst of all “Change your attitude!” This really makes me angry. I probably didn’t have an attitude before we started the conversation, so clearly you did something to anger me. Why am I told to change my attitude when you guys give me attitude 99.8% of the time? I’m not deliberately trying to give you attitude. I know you guys are supposed to have the “last word”, but sometimes you’re just wrong, so I have to correct you.
      Don’t think I’m trying to tell you guys you’re bad parents because you’re not. You guys are great parents, you may even be the best in the business, but sometimes you can just get on every single one of my nerves. There are many more things that you guys do that angers me, but for the sake of this letter I wanted to keep it short and simple. Keep this letter in consideration.


Your favorite child,

Katie 

No comments:

Post a Comment